Deadline to submit application is Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Click here to receive reminders about submitting your application!
Artists of all disciplines, career levels, and localities are invited to apply to this multidisciplinary, immersive program. All applications must be submitted by 11:59PM (EST) on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Application must include:
- Basic Applicant Information: The form can be accessed above or by clicking through here.
- Statement of Intent: Please provide a statement (not to exceed 500 words) that describes your interest in this particular residency, how you are uniquely qualified for this residency, the nature of your work, and/or what you hope to explore during this residency.
- Proposal for Outreach Component: Please provided a description (not to exceed 500 words) of how you plan to fulfill the outreach component. This should be comfortable to you and express your talents and strengths. Some examples of what Artists have done in the past are:
- Hands-on workshop or activity
- Artist talk, presentation, or performance
- Children’s arts or crafts
- Introduction to art therapy for adults
- Plein air session
- Found objects collage or sculpture
- Poetry slam or storytelling
- Portfolio: Each artist may submit up to 10 work samples depicting the current nature of their work. Files must be one of the following file types: gif, jpg, svg, pdf, zip, and Office Files. Work Samples can be submitted in any combination of the following formats:
- Images (Max File Size = 2MB)
- PDF photo compilations (not to exceed 1 page each)
- Videos/Video Links (not to exceed 5 minutes)
- Audio/Audio Links (not to exceed 5 minutes each)
- Writing Samples (not to exceed 3 pages each)
- Presentations (not to exceed 10 slides each)
- Resume: No longer than 2 pages. Your resume should summarize your experience in your stated discipline(s) as an artist.
- Two References: Names, emails, and phone numbers for 2 professional references who can speak to your work & your potential to succeed in this residency.
Artists will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Quality of work samples
- History of on-going growth, exploration, and/or collaborative work
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to this program
- Strength, creativity, and/or appropriateness of statement of intent
- Evidence of artistic diversity
Artists will be selected via a Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will review all applicants based on the stated selection criteria. Applicants will be notified by Wednesday, April 15, 2020 of their acceptance.
All questions can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 570-323-7650.